Couscous Almondine with savory mushroom sauce
Each envelope contains 2 portions.
Semolina, texturized vegetable protein (soy flour, caramel color), sunflower seeds, almonds, modified corn starch, dextrose, red bell peppers, salt, spray-dried shortening (hydrogenated soybean and cottonseed oil, modified milk), natural flavor (gum arabic), green beans, autolyzed yeast extract, wine powder (maltodextrin, red wine), garlic, spnach, spice, mustard, lemon juice powder (maltodextrin, lemon juice solids), onion, caramel (color), oleoresin paprika, spice extractives.
- Stir each pack of couscous and almond mixture into 1 cup of boiling water. Remove from direct heat, cover and let stand while preparing the sauce and vegetables.
- For each pack of couscous used, add one pack of vegetables to 2 cups of cold water. Bring to a boil and simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- While the vegetables are cooking, mix one pack of sauce mix for each pack of couscous used, with 1/2 cup of cold water, blending until smooth.
- Add the sauce to the vegetables and continue cooking, stirring continuously until thickened - approximately 3 minutes.
- Serve the couscous and almonds, then top with the vegetable and sauce mix. Enjoy!